Dr. Beier’s therapy treatment modalities include:
- Individual & Couples Therapy for ages 18+
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Behavioral Activation (BA)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Gottman Method for couples therapy
Dr. Beier completed her PhD in Clinical Psychology, Health Emphasis, with a neuropsychology minor from Yeshiva University. Following her doctoral degree she completed the National Multiple Sclerosis Society Rehabilitation Research Fellowship at the University of Washington where she focused on the rehabilitation, cognition, and mental health of individuals living with MS.
Prior to joining Rowan Center, Dr. Beier held a faculty appointment at University of Washington the joined the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation faculty at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. While at Johns Hopkins, Dr. Beier started the Multiple Sclerosis Rehabilitation Research Program and established the Multiple Sclerosis Rehabilitation Psychology Clinic. Dr. Beier has an ongoing adjunct faculty position at Johns Hopkins in which she continues to publish and provide didactics on the topics of cognition and emotional health in medical populations.
Dr. Beier is licensed by the Board of Examiners of Psychologists in the state of Maryland and her license number is 05543.