Will Rowan Center Accept My Insurance?
The Rowan Center team realizes that navigating your mental health benefits can be confusing, which is why we are committed to partnering with you to assist you in understanding the coverage you may have available.
When you contact our office to make an appointment, we will ask you for your insurance information. Prior to your first appointment, we will contact your insurance company to obtain details about the benefits that are available for the services that we offer. At your first appointment, we will review your particular benefit plan and give you information about how your insurance can be used to cover services. We will also review a copy of our Financial Policy, which provides an overview of our billing and payment policies.
In many cases we are able to process claims directly with your insurance company. We also offer the option to provide a document called a “superbill” that summarizes the information required to submit a request for reimbursement to your insurance company on your own, if you so desire.
Ultimately it is your responsibility to know your own insurance benefits. If you are wanting to use your out-of-network benefits, please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- What are my benefits?
- What are my in-network and out-of network deductibles and have they been met?
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover for a psychologist?
- How much does my plan cover for an out-of-network psychologist?
- What is the coverage amount (allowable amount) per therapy session with a psychologist?