Dr. Etzel’s therapy treatment modalities include:
- Individual Therapy for ages 18+
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for insomnia (CBT-I)
- Emotional Awareness and Expression Therapy (EAET) for chronic pain
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Prolonged Exposure for trauma & PTSD
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) for trauma & PTSD
Dr. Etzel received her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology (Health Clinical track) from the University of Miami in Coral Gables, FL, where her research focused on health-related anxiety, cardiovascular disease risk reduction, and novel health education interventions. She completed her predoctoral internship in Integrated Clinical Health Psychology at the Bruce W. Carter VA Medical Center in Miami, FL. Dr. Etzel also completed a postdoctoral fellowship in Pain Psychology and Behavioral Sleep Medicine at the New Mexico VA Healthcare System.
Prior to joining Rowan Center, Dr. Etzel was a staff psychologist at the VA Maryland Healthcare System, where she primarily worked with veterans experiencing chronic pain and headaches. She also worked as a Primary Care Behavioral Health Psychologist for a non-profit healthcare system in Albuquerque, New Mexico before returning home to Maryland in 2018.
Dr. Etzel is licensed by the Board of Examiners of Psychologists in the state of Maryland and her license number is 06265.