We know how scary and lonely it can be to cope with anxiety. We understand that when you’re dealing with anxiety, even relatively minor decisions can be overwhelming. It can keep you up at night worrying and leave you fatigued as you try to make it through another difficult day. Anxiety is an incredibly common condition that affects approximately 40 million adults in America. In spite of this, people struggling with anxiety often feel isolated and alone. It is important to know that anxiety disorders are very treatable and most people get better with treatment.
As psychologists, we understand the difficulty of living with anxiety and create a safe, compassionate, and calming environment to help you achieve life balance and wellness. We use the latest evidence-based treatments to address anxiety. In addition to psychotherapy, we believe that the mind-body connection is central to achieving overall well-being, and we foster collaboration with other health care and wellness providers. We encourage clients to utilize additional healing modalities such as exercise, acupuncture, yoga, meditation, and nutrition. You did not ask to be diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, but you can take steps to get the support you need to live your life fully.
We can assist you in alleviating the following symptoms:
• Feelings of panic, fear, and uneasiness
• Sleep problems (very important part of treatment, as difficulty sleeping impacts the severity of anxiety)
• Cold or sweaty hands/feet
• Shortness of breath
• Heart palpitations
• Restlessness or an inability to stay still or calm
• Numbness or tingling in hands or feet
• Muscle tension
• Excessive, unrealistic worry
• Avoidance of situations that provoke anxiety
• Social anxiety (i.e., fear of judgment in social situations; afraid of being criticized)
What treatment modalities do we use:
The Rowan Team works hard to connect with you and help you derive techniques to relieve suffering and enhance your overall functioning. These goals are achieved using our expertise in a range of evidence-based therapeutic techniques including: