Depression therapy is a type of therapy designed to help individuals suffering from clinical depression. The clinical psychologists at Rowan Center for Behavioral Medicine have the expertise to provide state-of-the-art depression therapy. We will work with you to identify the severity of your symptoms by using evidence-based measures, collaboratively set treatment goals, and develop a wellness plan to address your specific needs. We will continue to monitor progress weekly by using validated assessment tools. Patients at our center will have access to a portal account that will help them communicate with their therapist in a secure manner, allowing them to complete assessments and receive ongoing feedback between their weekly sessions. Our evidence-based practice utilizes interventions drawn from cognitive behavioral therapy, acceptance commitment therapy, mindfulness-based, and humanistic approaches.
We Can Help Alleviate these Symptoms of Depression:
- Depressed mood, feeling down, or hopelessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in doing things you used to enjoy
- Feeling tired or having little energy (fatigue)
- Feeling restless
- Insomnia, or trouble falling or staying asleep, or sleeping too much
- Changes in your appetite or weight (poor appetite or overeating)
- Feeling bad about yourself or that you are a failure or have let yourself or your family down (guilt/worthlessness)
- Trouble concentrating on things
- Thoughts that you would be better off dead or hurting yourself in some way
Types of Treatment
- Behavioral Activation (BA)
We will help you learn tools to combat depressive thinking and increase your quality of life. Our goal is to help you attain your highest level of health and wellness.