Psychologists at the Rowan Center are trained in the diagnosis, assessment, evaluation, and treatment of psychological challenges. We work with patients using CBT for the following conditions:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Sleep Disorders (insomnia)
- Chronic Pain
- Difficulties adjusting to a medical illness
- Life Transitions and challenges with adjustment
CBT Teletherapy Sessions Available!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Does A CBT Therapist Do During CBT?
Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) is a robust, evidence-based therapy approach that examines the relationship between thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. Patients are taught to become aware of ineffective thinking patterns and behaviors so that they can develop more realistic thinking and better ways of handling challenges.
What is CBT and How Does It Work?
– Therapists work collaboratively with patients to develop clearly outlined goals and track progress
– Help patients recognize their ineffective thought patterns and develop more balanced thinking and adaptive behaviors
– Develop improved relationships by gaining insight into the behavior and motivations of others
– Develop effective problem-solving skills to face life’s challenges
– Increase self-confidence
– The ultimate goal is to provide patients with a set of skills to become their own therapists
Should I Do CBT On My Own?
Ultimately the goal is to learn generalizable skills in order to do CBT on your own and become your own therapist. Studies have shown that self-help is moderately effective. However, other studies have shown that CBT with a psychologist tends to be more effective than self-help alone. Therapists can provide both safety and objectivity to assist in properly applying the skills.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Each licensed CBT Therapist at the Rowan Center is a specialist in the diagnosis, assessment, evaluation, and treatment of psychological challenges. We work with patients to alleviate:
- Emotional Issues
- Physical Distress
- Social & Behavioral Problems
- And More
The Rowan Way
Our team is committed to providing an experience that is focused on overall wellness and improving the quality of life for each person we treat. We help patients reach their greatest potential by focusing on:
Personalized treatment – We develop individualized treatment plans that are tailored to each person’s unique needs.
Measurable growth – Data is key to tracking growth. Central to our treatment is using the latest applications and evidence-based tools to measure movement towards goals.
Evidence-based services – Decisions about the care that will be provided are based on the preeminent scientific research being conducted in the field.
Integrated approach – We emphasize collaboration with multiple health and wellness professionals.
Targeted therapy – Treatment should be goal-oriented and solution-focused. Our aim is to teach patients to master skills that can be extended into many aspects of their lives.