Traumatic Brain Injury - Rowan Center
Each licensed counselor at the Rowan Center are specialists in the diagnosis, assessment, evaluation and treatment of psychological and physiological challenges. We work with patients to alleviate intellectual, emotional and physical distress as well as social and behavioral problems.
........ (818) 696-4044 ........
Rehabilitation Psychology Services for Brain Injury
The Rowan Center for Behavioral Medicine strives to assist individuals with brain injury to improve their quality of life through advancing their health, maximizing productivity, and participation in life activities. Because brain injury is often associated with cognitive, mood, and/or behavioral problems psychologists are able to assist patient overcome these difficulties with treatments that are geared toward minimize disability and maximize productivity.
Treatments typically involves providing strategies, coaching, support to improve function in the real world. We work with patients and families, to help them cope with the unpredictable aspects of chronic illness and disability.
We will also take every step to ensure that care is coordinated with the patient’s neurologist, primary care doctor and other treating providers when appropriate. We strive to offer a holistic approach to treatment.
The Rehabilitation Psychology Program also provides the following:
- Acute and chronic pain management
- Adjustment to injury and/or medical illness
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for depression and anxiety
- Brief neuropsychological evaluations (standardized evaluation of cognitive skills, including attention, memory, language, sensory-perceptual skills, and reasoning capacity).
- Cognitive rehabilitation therapy
- Fostering adaptation following an acquired or traumatic brain injury
- Providing strategies, coaching and support to improve functioning in the real world
- Helping individuals self manage disability and adaptive challenges
- Stress management
- Information for rehabilitation management, including issues related to treatment, return to independent living, and return to work or school.
- Patient and family education
Licensed Psychologists that Care
The Rowan Team works hard to connect with you and help you derive techniques to relieve suffering and enhance your overall functioning. These goals are achieved using our expertise in a range of therapeutic techniques including:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Humanistic and existential therapy
- Stress management
- Pain reduction interventions.