As health psychologists, our goal is to help clients adjust to their diagnosis, cope with treatment, and transition back to work and family responsibilities after treatment has finished. At each stage of the journey, patients face different types of challenges and often need outside support in order to cope more effectively.
While we often have limitations in our ability to change our illness course, we can work together to better understand and reduce the emotional impact of illness or injury. By applying complementary therapy approaches and techniques, we will find new ways to help you achieve a greater sense of wellness as you find a "new normal". Our focus is on helping clients improve and maintain the quality of their lives regardless of illness trajectory.
- Reduce stress and adjust to illness
- Develop better coping methods
- Implement lifestyle changes in order to achieve a greater sense of stability and peace in the face of medical challenges.
- Transition back to work and family responsibilities after treatment
- End-of-life concerns including anticipatory grief, anxiety, guilt, and difficulties in communicating with loved ones
Helping families and couples:
- Providing caregiver support during during difficult medical situations
- Improving communication
- Processing grief and loss
- How to handle conflict in the face of illness
- Help family and caregivers achieve balance and care for themselves effectively