Dr. Aimen’s therapy treatment modalities include:
- Individual and Couples Therapy for ages 18+
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Multicultural-focused therapy
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Attachment-Based Therapy
- Solution-Focused Therapy
- Strengths-Based Therapy
- Person-Focused and Humanistic Therapy
- Phase-Oriented and Trauma-Informed Psychotherapy
- Seeking Safety for trauma
- Harm-reduction or abstinence-based treatment for substance dependency
Dr. Aimen received his masters and doctoral degree in clinical psychology from Pepperdine University, California. Dr. Aimen completed his American Psychological Association (APA) accredited internship at Tarzana Treatment Centers, a psychiatric and addiction medicine treatment center. Dr. Aimen continued at Tarzana Treatment Centers as a post-doctoral fellow, and was subsequently hired on staff as a mental health therapist. Dr. Aimen has experience providing therapy to adults in individual, couples, and group settings. Dr. Aimen has experience working in private practice settings, forensic facilities, community mental health settings, as well as inpatient, residential, and outpatient centers. Dr. Aimen has experience with and is passionate about providing mental health services to underserved communities, including ethnic, cultural, religious, sexual, and gender minorities.
Dr. Aimen is licensed by the Board of Psychology in the state of California and his license number is PSY33819.