Cancer Support - Rowan Center
Each licensed counselor at the Rowan Center are specialists in the diagnosis, assessment, evaluation and treatment of psychological and physiological challenges. We work with patients to alleviate intellectual, emotional and physical distress as well as social and behavioral problems.
........ (818) 960-1024 ........
Psychological Support for Cancer
We know that being diagnosed with cancer changes your life in many ways. The stress and anxiety that accompanies the diagnosis and treatment of cancer can be difficult to manage and many people find that they need different kinds of support to navigate the journey that they have found themselves on.
We are here to help you regardless of where you are in treatment. We assist individuals and families from diagnosis, throughout treatment and beyond. While you may not be able to change your diagnosis, we can work with you to help you better understand and reduce the emotional impact of cancer. By applying complementary therapy approaches and techniques, we will find new ways to help you achieve a greater sense of wellness as you find a "new normal". Our focus is on helping you improve and maintain the quality of your life.
How We Can Help You:
- Reduce stress and adjust to diagnosis
- Develop better coping methods
- Implement lifestyle changes in order to achieve a greater sense of stability and peace in the face of cancer
- Obtain professional psychosocial support
- Transition back to work and family responsibilities after treatment
- Manage acute and chronic pain
- Treat sleep difficulties
- Navigate often complicated health care systems
- Address end-of-life concerns including anticipatory grief, anxiety, guilt, and difficulties in communicating with loved ones
Support for Families
How We Can Help Family & Caregivers:
- Receive high quality, professional support during treatment and beyond
- Improve communication
- Process grief and loss
- Learn to handle conflict in the face of illness
- Achieve greater balance and self-care